The Alabaster Arts Council is pleased to award up to three $1,000 scholarships to support aspiring young artists achieve their educational potential. These scholarships are available to high school seniors who currently reside in the city of Alabaster, Alabama, and attend a public or private school in the city of Alabaster. Applicants must be planning to major in the areas of Visual Arts, Performing Arts, or Music and intend to enroll in college in fall 2019.
The following is a list of documents required by the Selection Committee to be considered for this scholarship:
- Download and complete the application.
- An official copy of your high school transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter should be included from an educator who has taught you in your field of interest. The second letter may be from a community member or employer. All recommendation letters should be in sealed envelopes.
- Please include a brief statement (approximately 250-500 words) explaining the way in which the arts have impacted your life.
- Please feel free to include any other information that you feel would help the committee in their selection.
- An interview with the committee may be required.
Please mail all documents, in one package, to the following address:
Thompson High School
1921 Warrior Pkwy, Alabaster, AL 35007
All documents must be received by 3pm on Friday, April 26, 2019.